Friday, April 22, 2011

My personal reaction.

                                         My personal reaction
                                         
 The material that I’ve studied during these two months, which is the fast food nation has left a great impact on me. Eric Schlosser who is the author of this book helped me to discover the dark side of the American food. What is in the food that I consume? How the food is produced? Why the food is designed this way? Who’s the industry of fast food is mainly targeting?  Even though I read the book, I never understood why fast food consumers are so ignorant when they are aware of the risk involving in eating it. So I called a friend of mine who used to work at Burger King, and I explained what I couldn’t figure out. He told me that after one’s consume this type of food, it’s hard to go back on it. I asked him why? He told me that “it’s simple, it’s the taste “. I was so asphyxiated when he informed that. As a result, I made a choice that I hope that I would be able to keep. I quit eating fast food and consume less meat. I urged my family to buy organic food because if we stop consuming fast food, it’s a step forward helping ourselves to be healthy and helping meatpackers, ranchers, kitchen growers, farmers to have a better living. After I read the last four chapters, I told myself that something should be done to stop this issue, which is say no completely to fast food. This book is huge in knowledge, well-written. I want to thank the school and professor Justin for choosing this book. It’s an extremely useful material if someone wants to know what they consume and where they food come from.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thoughtful response and your dedication to the class thus far. You should research organic meat, organic produce, and look up some new recipes: help your family do the cooking for your new diet!

    Congratulations on your experiment. I can promise you it's a life-long experience!

    ReplyDelete